Day 45: a rainy day in Tokushima; no walking on the o-Henro trail

My status as of today: the o-Henro walk is coming rapidly to an end: 5 temples remain to be visited, 2 days to reach temple 88 (end of o-Henro trail), 4 days to be back at temple T1 (where the journey started).

Today is the first time that I am not walking on the o-Henro trail at all. It is raining the whole day, sometimes more sometimes less. Certainly it is not a good walking day.

I strolled around the town, which I think has the most modern center of all Shikoku cities.

The castle of Tokushima is less impressive compared to the other ones I have seen before. This is also due to the fact, that many views are „destroyed“ by higher city buildings at the skyline. Despite of that it is a nice and quite park-like space in the center of a big town.

Tokushima castle garden

High buildings around the castle grounds „destroy“ the picture

Tokushima castle grounds

Tokushima castle entrance door

Tokushima castle tower

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: I am tired

Day 48: the circle is competed, I arrived back at T1 and thus my journey is finally over

First Day in Japan: Osaka