Day 3: a „Henro korogashi (where pilgrims fall down)“

Distance: 19 km (total: 67 km), Time on the road 9:30 h, Altitude: 1165 m, Weather: partly sunny and cloudy,  28 degrees Celsius.

The walk between temple 11 and temple 12 is a „Henro Korogashi“, where a number of pilgrims fail to manage the walk. It is said to be one of the hardest parts of the trail. The tour runs entirely on natural paths and stone steps (are no fun to walk on).

It took me 7:30 hours to reach Shosanji (T11) and I guess I was the slowest of the about 20 people walking today. Luckily I had the opportunity of baggage transport. I am very clear that I would have not been able to carry my 6 kg backpack plus 4 liters of water today. Carrying only water and some food was exhausting enough.

I think in the last three days I reached every day my limits for different reasons.

Start to walk up to Shosanji Tempe (T11)

Corinne already far ahead, the other fellows I saw not before evening at the ryokan again.

In the mountains

View from the mountains

Here you get an impression from a natural path in the mountains

The area of Shosanji is surrounded by old trees

At Shosanji-Temple (T11)


My sleeping room for tonight at Sudachi-san



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: I am tired

Day 48: the circle is competed, I arrived back at T1 and thus my journey is finally over

First Day in Japan: Osaka