Second day in Osaka

I am still adjusting to local time and for that reason stayed another night in Osaka.

Today I met old friends and again visited the remarkable Umeda Sky Building. Although it is already 30 years old (construction completed in 1993), this landmark building remains an architectural highlight.

Umeda Sky Building


Ikuyo-san provided me with home made, high energy superfood for the hike as well as incense sticks and a lighter for temple ceremonies. Finally she gave to me a small bell from Kifune shrine in Kyoto, which should ensure good health and save traveling and an artificial dragon fly which should repel mosquitoes. Both I will attach to my back pack.

Meeting Ikuyo-san

Useful presents from Ikuyo-san for my trip including self baked cookies as energy reserves 

Sushi Kauto in Umeda

Enjoying sushi together with Miyoshi-san



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: I am tired

Day 48: the circle is competed, I arrived back at T1 and thus my journey is finally over

First Day in Japan: Osaka