Tokushima: one day prior to start the Henro trail


This is how my back pack looks like

My back packs total weight is 6 kg (without water). You can see the bell from Kifune Shrine in Kyoto, which I got from Ikuyo-san (the bell should ensure my good health and save traveling). The sound of the bell could also protect me against bears („tsuki no waguma“, which however do not exist any longer on Shikoku island). The Dragon Fly out of plastic (also from Ikuyo-san), should shield me against mosquitoes. Let’s see whether this is working. Finally you can see the „Omemori“ talisman from Inoue-san, which he got from Ohatsu-Tenjin shrine in Umeda. This one should protect my health and support a safe travel. The reflective yellow strips on both sides of the backpack should warn car drivers that there is person walking in the car tunnel. Additionally I will wear a head lamp.

By the way, my own weight at the start of the trip is 90 kg. 

Shoe alternatives: I took the lighter ones from Brooks

I decided to take the Brooks Ghost 14 GTX  trail-running shoes. They are 380g lighter than the Meindl light walking shoes. I felt the difference. 

Finally I would like to let you know, why I want to walk the long o-Henro trail on Shikoku:

My decision has no religious background. I want to experience Japanese culture and nature again, get clear with monotony and loneliness, manage a physically challenging tour and hopefully get some new insights.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: I am tired

Day 48: the circle is competed, I arrived back at T1 and thus my journey is finally over

First Day in Japan: Osaka