Day 35: from Hojo to Imabari

 It took me 33 km to get to Imabari. Total waking distance is now at exactly 800 km, which means that more than 2/3 of the total walk lies behind me. In front of me are 15 walking days, out of which 5 are challenging mountain tours.

But tomorrow is a break; I will do a cycling tour (and will meet Suzuki-san and Jim) along Shimanami Kaido providing spectacular views onto the Seto Inland See. I have done this before by car, but doing at slower pace slower on a bike will be better. I will report tomorrow how it actually was.

Todays walk was long, exhausting and for the most part boring. It can not always be exciting, if you walk long distances without cutting certain parts out.

Basically 80-90 % of the walk was along a pedestrian protected road with many, many cars and a lot of noise. Initially I could look over the Seto Inland Sea which was nice, but later even this was no longer possible. The two visited temples were  not really worth to be mentioned (pictures are misleading!).

But the business hotel I am staying at is good and a Yakiniku Restaurant is just across the street. So the evening is saved.

In the early morning I start my walk at the sea side

Walking along endless car roads

Although there is car traffic, it is still nice


Enmeiji Temple (T54)

Nankibo Temple (T55)

Yakiniku restaurant close to my hotel (Imabari Urban Hotel)

Table grill

These young boys enjoy the food as well

End of a sunny day, with lowest temperatures at 12 degrees in the morning and highest temperatures at 22 degrees during the day. Altitude: 100 m (nothing is really flat in Shikoku).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: I am tired

Day 48: the circle is competed, I arrived back at T1 and thus my journey is finally over

First Day in Japan: Osaka